Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas 2010


Well it has come and gone and I have been too lazy to blog it all.  What a lovely Christmas for a change.  We had the traditionally Christmas lunch (I forgot to put out the cranberry sauce, its still in the fridge) complete with Brussels sprouts which I hate but don't you just love the way you buy them here in the countryside - still on the stalk?  They didn't even fit in the fridge but that's not a problem I have a 'new' fridge outside, outside the back door keeps everything cold to near freezing ;)

All for Erin - the big box was actually her Blackberry .


Kylie our visitor from South Africa broke out the scrapbooking stash and created these stunning bows.

Scott received some Zuma body wash - brilliant!
Erin's new Blackberry and she also got a little Eiffel Tower to remind her of Paris.


The Brussels sprouts, I split up the leaves and sauteed them in with chopped bacon and a knob of butter.


I love this pic of Erin no make-up and happy as can be, she is a treasure!


Scott got me this stunning Union Jack cushion that I have had my eye on for ages.  So that's it I am sticking with my jewel colour scheme, you may have noticed the one Persian is back again :)


Erin vamping it up with her new floral handbag.


9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas.

    Glad you had a good and lazy Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see pics;-D

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and an even better new year.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love the cushion! Looks stunning on yr chair.

    Happy Merry Christmas Jo, lovely pics and wonderful memories.

    How did the biscuits turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMIHAT! The kids are so grown up and both looking so gorgeous. :-( I cant wait to see them.

    Great to hear how happy you all sound and lekker pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shayne - the biscuits were great the girls packaging them beautifully and made bows after icing in 5 odd colours. The neighbours were very impressed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved looking at your pics!
    And hearing you sound so happy, as someone else commented.
    Erin has really grown up suddenly, hasn't she?

    By the way, I'm going to try your way of doing brussel sprouts - not usually a fav, but your way sounds goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE brussel sprouts!!! Cos I'm weird like that ;)
    But you can't buy any decent ones here :( Just means you'll have to eat them for me!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the most interesting recipe for brussel sprouts - cut in half and fried in butter with bacon bits. Your Christmas looks happy and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made a memory.....look forward to seeing you guys in 2011 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete