Monday 18 March 2013

Settling In

I have been in my new job for 3 weeks now and I suppose you could say the honeymoon period is over.  Not that its not fun or anything just that I am now part of the team and the furniture so therefore I should know what I am doing and who is who and who works at what branch and so on.

Every time I do something that I haven't done before I think....I'll only make that mistake once or only ask that person once what to do and I will only go down to the train station once to collect tickets without the reference no. - yes I did that! 

I have an extraordinary long day - again pretty normal to the Brits, something that I should have realised from my first job here - work hard play hard is very much the motto despite the world thinking that the Brits are a bunch of layabouts.  I do get 35 working days leave a year though so that should sweeten the blow.

The weather is absolutely dismal here at the moment and I really cant wait to feel some sun on my shoulders.  I am planning a trip to SA and thinking that I may have to wait until after summer just because I cant bear to waste a day here that may be 'good' weather and be in the SA winter (which is really the same as a bad summer day here). 

6 comments:

  1. 35 days leave!! that is 7 weeks - crikey, thats amazing!! yes, wait til its warmer...come in November! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, blogging again!

    Oh yes, I sometimes look at my leave balance, and smile - it makes me happy! I feel you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it doesn't take long for a job to become a slog, does it? What time do you have to be to work in the morning? Norwegians all start early, between 7:30 and 8:00, which I find unacceptable. I'm much more a 9:00am kind of person. Maybe that's one of the reasons I got fired from my last job here? :-) Good luck and stay positive! And may spring soon be upon us!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 35 days leave a year? I could live with that. I am glad it is going well with the new job...and hope to see you when you visit South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, і гeaԁ your blog occаѕіonally and
    i own а ѕіmilаг one and i was just cuгiouѕ
    if you get a lot of spam гemaгkѕ? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you сan
    аԁvіѕе? I get so much latelу it's driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Here is my web blog - Daniel Chavez Moran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you still OK? No update for a very long time

    ReplyDelete